Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 2: conquering the Eiffel Tower.


This was the longest day of my life. We got up at six a.m. and were not home and in bed before 12:30. The first thing on our to-do list was the Eiffel Tower. We arrived not long after it opened and already there were line-ups to go up. When you get to the Eiffel Tower there are two entrances at the two back pillars, one for those who want to take the stairs and one for those who want to ride the elevator. What do you think I chose?

Stairs!

Yup! Julie was less than enthusiastic, but being the extremely accommodating hostess that she is, she humored me and tagged along.

She nearly fainted. No jokes, she had to sit down and recuperate. I was on cloud nine looking down and smiling and being annoyingly happy while she secretly cursed me. (I think)

I couldn’t help but wonder how this would have went down with some of the other leading ladies in my life. This is what I imagined:

Kayla: We would have arrived in between two pillars and I would suggest taking the stairs. She would stop walking, look at me with big eyes and firmly say, “Tasha, no." Then she would proceed to the elevator line and ignore me till I joined her.

Joelle: She would come, but stop for a cigarette break and possibly swear throughout. Haha :)

Tara: She would run to the top and wait for me there.

Nacaca: She's a tricky one. Depending on the day she can be either exactly like me or exactly like Kayla. In my imagination though she's more like me :)

Audrey: I imagine her saying something like this; “EH?! Tu veux prendre les marches?! Tasha. Tu m’niaises?! Non. Tu m’niaises?! T’es folle.” Then she would join Kayla in the elevator line.*

*
for proper effect, imagine that the italics represent a significant elevation in the pitch of her voice

As it was, Julie and I took the stairs up to the second level, which is the most they allow you to go by foot. (668 steps, f.y.i.) From there she was ready to go back down, but I bought us both tickets to ride up to the top. I can be an annoying person sometimes. However, in the end I think she enjoyed it. I know I had fun!

I've provided a few videos for your entertainment.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humour and how you know me so well....you totally got it right lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubled up with laughter reading about your friends' probable reactions!

    ReplyDelete