Sunday, July 10, 2011

Awesome!

I would like to thank everyone who has been reading and following my blog. I started this mainly for the entertainment of my close friends and family, but I see now that it has been expanding to reach people that I might not have the chance to know personally. Statistics for my blog site list over 1000 views for the month of July, and we are only the 10th! Also, according to blogger.com, I have readers from Canada, the United States, France, the Netherlands, Cambodia, Thailand, Australia, Jordan, and Germany. Incredible! For those of you who have been e-mailing the blog to your friends or sharing the link on your facebook, thank you so much. This type of networking makes me hopeful that I can help to inspire people, or in the very least raise awareness about issues such as human trafficking and poverty, as well as provide information about the incredible people and organizations that exist to fight them.
Thank-you!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You have definitely raised awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just met your mom last week and she gave me the url to your blog. I am so glad she did. We tend to live our little lives, in our little bubbles and close our eyes to horrific treatment of people who have not been as fortunate to be born in a country like Canada. These women, who bravely leave their countries believing they can make money to take care of their families find themselves as beaten into submission as slaves without recourse. The work you are doing is so important. People need to know, and these horrendous tragedies must stop. I also appreciate the lighter pieces of your discovery of a different country and culture.
    Take care,
    Maggie Terlecki - Eurydice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog :)And you're right, these women, (or in some cases, these children), believe that they can move away and earn money to improve their own lives and those of their families. I think that one of the most devastating parts of what happens to them is the elimination of any hope, which we all need to survive. That is one of the reasons I enjoy our work with them so much, I can see the twinkle in their eyes coming back when we ask them what they're studying and what they want to do when they are older. For many of them, becoming a hairdresser or waitress was once an unattainable dream. Something to think about.

    ReplyDelete